Monday, January 11, 2010

Ho-hum

Ever feel like the weeks just run together? The days are just a count down to the weekend that comes and goes in the blink of an eye? Thats how life feels right now. I don't hate my job, but it's not a career or something I'm invested in, so it's quickly become a routine of work to get to the next week. I hate feeling this way, but I think it has more to do with the weather than my job. It's SO cold here. It hasnt been above freezing in weeks and the snow is here to stay for a while it seems. It's too cold to really enjoy the weekends. It's just a shuffle from one errand to the next. I can't wait until it warms up and I can enjoy my time away from work. I want to see things and explore this giant city. I want to take weekends and leave the city, too! I guess it just doesn't feel like a break from working when I just run errands, clean, and sometimes drink or eat out. It's boring. I need some excitment. I need a change of pace.



Last year it was so nice that we got a lot of breaks from work. I loved my job... a lot, but kids take a lot out of you when you are invested in them. It was really nice to be able to get away for long weekends and holidays to recharge my batteries. In my current job we are supposed to get 2 weeks vacation, but my boss dictates some of those days (like New Years Eve) so in reality I don't get two weeks off. I know 2 weeks is pretty standard in the US as far as vacation goes, but it doesn't feel like enough over here. I want to be able to go places (China, Japan, maybe Thailand) and it doesn't seem possible if my time off is so limited. Hmmm. I have a cold, I think it's making me cranky?



Anyway, life is good over in Korea. I haven't done much, which is why I haven't been updating. Nothing new to talk about. I do have some topics I want to cover, I just haven't had the time or energy to write lately. The kitten wakes me up every 20-30 mins EVERY night, so I'm exhausted every day. My life seems to revolve around the kitten. I love him, but I can't wait for him to grow up a little so I don't have to rush home to play with him every day. If he doesn't get a few hours of play time in before bed he doesn't let me sleep at all. Brat. We have created a monster! A cute monster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Nick still in Korea? I noticed you didn't mention him at all in your blog. Have the two of you gone your seperate ways?

Do you have pictures of what Korea looks loke in winter. How about some pictures of your cat.