Thursday, April 22, 2010

Numb is good

I've got big changes happening. I made some big choices. I'm sticking to my choices. Some people may think I'm right... some may think I'm wrong. At the end of the day I have to do what is best for me. I've been going through the motions, but nothing is really sinking it yet. I made choices that will affect my life tremendously, and I'm still too numb to be upset. Nothing will change in my day-to-day life for a while, even though my mind is made up. I'm living in limbo. I'm in a suspended state... waiting for someone to push the "play" button. Lucky for me, good ole Momma helped me realize the words I am saying now... I'll have to live by them. Thanks mom, I was rather enjoying being numb.

For now, I'll sit and listen to some sad songs. I'll cry a little. I'll brush myself off and realize I'll be ok. I'm a tough cookie.... I've been through worse than my current troubles.

I just need to look at the bigger picture. I'm making the right choices. I'm taking the high ground. I'm strong. I will be ok.



Current soundtrack (which has been on repeat for hours now):

1,2,3,4- The Plain White T's
Wagon Wheel- Old Crow Medicine Show
Goodbye to You- Michelle Branch
Only You- Portishead
As you Sleep- Something Corporate
Call it Karma- Silverstein
Pretty Girl- Sugarcult
The Engine Driver- The Decemberists
Tears Don't Fall- Bullet for my Valentine

Music says everything I can't.


Aided by ignorance.
I put myself on this journey.

No comments: