Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tour de Fat

Another amazing year at Tour de Fat. I was super bummed that this event was the same day as my brothers wedding last year.... so even though I was in town I still missed it! Butttt I made up for it and drank an extra beer and peddled my bike extra hard, haha. The ride was good, I think the news said there were about 10k bikes this year. The party seemed more tame than years past, but I was busy catching up with my friends so I didn't care. After we got sweaty standing around in the sun for hours, we went to Casey Moores for some refreshments. Caseys then led to going to Sail Inn to see Rev Peyton and the Big Damn Band. SOOO good. They never disappoint. I was sunburned and exhausted by the end of the day (and then had to help Becca move today!) but it was a weekend well done. I'm sore and happy.... thats how all the best weekends end.

And I'm sure you'll all think I'm a crazy girl for saying this after all the bitching I've done.... but going to Sail Inn made me miss my ex. That's where we met. I'm sure it'll pass.... but a mixture of that and gathering up pictures from our travels to send him just made me nostalgic. I ran into some girls this weekend I haven't seen in a while and they asked me about him. Everyone says how much better off I am without him and they are happy I'm "getting back out there".... but I still wonder if it's true I guess. I smile and nod, but the tiniest part of my heart still doesn't want to let it all go. Some wounds can only be healed by time. A broken heart is unfortunately one of those wounds. But, each passing week I'll think of him less, miss him less, and look toward the future more. I'm young.... the guy I'm waiting for is still out there.... even though I thought I had already found him.


And now... some pictures from the weekend. Maybe a video, too.






No comments: