Wednesday, May 20, 2009

liar

When did I become such a fucking skeptic?

Why don't I believe anything people say?? Well, it's actually only certain people.

I remember a time when I believed everything people told me, as fact. Sure, I may have been mislead a little bit more back then, but I was happier. I didn't second-guess, question, and read between the lines ALL the damn time. It's exhausting to try and find the truth.

Or, maybe it's just you. Certain characteristics have been repetitively deceptive..... and when I sense/feel/see those traits in people it just makes me think everything they say is a lie. Or a stretch of the truth. Or a cover. Or a diversion.

I'm either getting to be a better judge of character, or I'm bitter. Either way, I'd give up a lot to be naive again.

I have a childhood friend who I spotted as a pathological liar at the age of 10. I didn't even know what a pathological liar was, but I knew there was something wrong with her wiring upstairs that she lied about everything.. She was compelled to stretch the truth as far as she could about the most irrelevant things. I don't understand. This same friend became a police officer and now, 3 years later is being charged with 2 class two felonies, both relating to lying! What the heck???? I didn't speak to her for years because I just couldn't handle the constant deception (over things that didn't matter) and only recently had we reconnected. I thought she had changed. She put herself through college (got a masters even), became a police officer, had a beautiful son, bought a nice house in a safe neighborhood......... all of this now being torn apart because of lies. It's baffling.


I guess my constant questioning is a direct result of being lied to for years. Lies from many people.

I want a built in lie detector. Can I find one on eBay?

No comments: