Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Getting to korea....

It's a good thing I've memorized blogger's layout, because when I clicked on the site it's all in korean!!

I’m on the plane to Korea. I got through the airport with a lot less tears this time, thank God. The plane ride only has about 2 hours left. The flight has been uneventful, which is always a good thing. I must say, I absolutely love the planes with personal entertainment systems. I’ve watched 4 movies I missed in theaters, what good luck!

I’m excited and nervous to land in Korea. Once I land it’s final. I’m there… no turning back. Deep down I know everything will be ok, but the fear of the unknown is always scary. The fear of being lonely in a strange place is terrifying. I hope I like my apartment, I hope I like the school, I hope I can find something I like to eat, I hope my cable has CNN. CNN was my savior when I lived in Europe; it was the only English channel on TV.

I really miss my boyfriend. I can’t wait for him to get to Korea. I want to hang out in bed reading and watching movies, just like we used to. I want to wander around the streets of Korea, exploring our new home. I want to adopt little fuzzy kittens and argue over the names. I want to cuddle, damn it! Our relationship has changed drastically in the past month. While I believe we were in love before, its different now. I think we are both starting to think of the long run, not just living in the moment side by side. When a lot of my future plans start with “we” instead of “I”…. well, that’s when I’m in deep! They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder. I don’t know if that’s true, but I know life isn’t as shiny and colorful without him by my side.

So I’m going to spend my last 2 hours watching movies and playing games on the plane. It’s not a bad way to pass 12 hours. I just wish I could sleep on planes!!!

Stay tuned, I’ll be updating a lot in the new few weeks I’m sure. I’ll be home alone a lot, and that leads to boredom!

No comments: