Sunday, October 25, 2009

10 things I've learned in Korea...

1. Some plants for my apartment were the best investment ever.

2. Koreans think I'm so strange for "ooh"ing and "ahh"ing over the tanks of animals that they plan to eat.

3. Koreans, though poor, have way better clothing and shoes than Americans.

4. No matter how little food you order at a restaurant they will no doubt bring you 10 side dishes.

5. Koreans are friendly. We made best friends with an old Korean lady and 5 of her friends at the bus stop.

6. Korea is supposed to have a way more advanced cell phone network, but everyone has crappy phones, some without caller ID even, and no one has an internet browser. I call shenanigans, Americans have WAY better phones and service!

7. There are always new and awesome movies on TV. I'm catching all kinds of movies I missed in the theater recently!

8. You can get vitamins and cans of air from the "claw" machines on the street. Weird.

9. Koreans LOVE to dress their dogs up and give them fancy hair designs and color.

10. Though the language is much harder, it's much easier to find comforts from home than when I lived in Europe.

No comments: