Sunday, March 22, 2009

Starting over.... again!

Ok, my second blog never really took off the way my first one did. Man, looking back at that blog I wonder how I made it out of college alive, haha.

I deleted most of the posts from this blog... so I've got a fresh start and I'm ready to get my blog on again!

Todays Topic (not a stranger to my blogs) is LOVE:

Maybe He's Just Not That Into You
... should girls live by these words or take it as entertainment and continue to date the way they always have?

I recently saw this movie and I'll admit I read the book a few years ago.... and I just can't decide if it makes sense or it's just incredibly mean. Maybe the book is right and "he's just not that into you"... or maybe you are the victim of poor communication, maybe he is shy, maybe he isn't sure if you're into him. I wouldn't go as far as discrediting the ideas behind this book- often a womans intuition, the analysis her and her friends do, or even your mothers advice is hitting the nail right on the head.... but why should women always assume they are the rule, not the exception? And The Book would have you walk away from anyone who isn't coming at you 100% clearly at 100% emotional health. Well, that's shiny, but is it really realistic? Is it even wise, to be so black and white?

This fad of men having to be clear and active in dating is certainly sweeping the nation. Maybe it's good to get guys on board with the idea. If enough women start buying into this idea and walk away from men who are unclear, unassertive, sneaky, or free and clear of emotional baggage then maybe men will be forced to evolve or be left left alone- and single- right? Men may just be forced to own their desires and actually go after them with some gumption. I believe men have always wanted the same things as women, they just have never had to go about getting those things the same way as women.

But....what worries me now is that I'm following the book- subconsciously anyway. And while my life is certainly not represented as a statistical sample, it certainly is confusing!

And I'm stuck because I can't go back. I see things I didn't see before, and I can't ignore what The Book would call clear. And yet I'm loathe to embrace The Book in the way I have in the past.

The book makes it sound like there are *no* exceptions to the rules provided. No room for "what if". But life isn't black and white, is it? And if not, then there are no absolute rules.

I'm stuck, I'm confused, and the only sure thing is that I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to be.

No comments: