Thursday, September 9, 2010

And the beat goes on....

Life is pretty freakin' good right now. Home stretch before the new job starts on Monday. As much fun as I'm having not having to go to work, I'm ready!! It's making me a little nervous.... like being the new kid at school. Everyone seemed really fun and nice when I went for my interview, so hopefully I make some friends soon!

Went to Becca's lake house for the weekend. SO MUCH FUN. Plenty of kayaking, board games, BBQing, dock lounging, canoeing, and hang time. We went antiquing on Sunday and found some great stuff. I totally need to go back when I get my own place. I love old tacky stuff... it's awful! Also got to stop by my families cabin which is only 4 miles from Becca's. It was great just to hang out on the patio and chat with everyone.






Had my first *real* date since my last breakup.. The last step of moving forward is actually moving forward. It's time to get back out there! It was probably the best first date I've ever had. He LOVED the maple bacon cake I made for Amy. My friends liked him, he liked them. We had a drawing night at the bar. We had a blow dart competition (I beat all the boys again). We had our first awkward moment. Amy's friend Kelly met up with everyone and told us all she was a "medium".....like psychic. She then announced that she can "feel" our energy and my date and I send out "love" vibes and we belong together. She went on about how perfect we are for like 5 mins..... how AWKWARD! I just kind of looked at him with apologetic eyes. He played along, ahah. There is something that kind of bugged me about him.... but I'll probably hang out with him again. :-)




Lastly, Amy's boyfriend is finally growing on me. I wasn't sure how I felt about his hipster attitude, but he has been really sweet ever since he sprayed our entire house down with Axe body spray and all he said when we yelled at him was "I had to axe you a question!" So bratty! He figured out how to download torrents on my mac last night, which is awwwwwesome because I'm addicted to True Blood these days. He also took my new little netbook home and is making is RAD for me. I couldn't get a handle on linux... I'm just not that cool.

No comments: