Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jobby Job job

The new job is WAY better than I could have expected. I was SO nervous the first morning walking in, it was like the first day of school at a new high school. Turns out my training group is the biggest they've ever had.... there were like 50 of us! After all the HR presentations we took lunch then broke up to our own training groups for our different jobs. My training group has about 20... we are the biggest. Next week we will break down even further and I think about 10 of us will stay together. My trainers are awesome and funny.... the guy Andy is even tattooed and kinda rockabilly. I love how I can point out the "alternative" people in the building, even though we are all wearing business clothes. My group of trainees has become friends and we all spend our "study" time telling stories and bonding. I have become close with two girls around my same age. We will be doing happy hour ASAP! I've never quite had a work experience like this. I've never felt so professional. Even teaching, though it was a "professional" job, it wasn't fancy. I'm loving wearing pencil skirts, stilettos, and cute cardigans to work. It's been a fashion show 'round here! I also love having a security badge and "buzzing" into the building with it. I feel like such a grown up. It's funny the things that make you feel like a real adult.

So, other than the awesome new job, and the awesome new laptop AND desktop they gave me (now i have 3 laptops at the house!).... not a whole lot is new. Went sober dive-bar hopping this weekend. We made it to 8 bars and had a fan club before the night was over. A repeat of the night is planned for a week from Saturday. I'm not sure it can be as fun if we plan to have a bar hopping night from the start..... but we will try some new bars and see what we can find! I also finished the HCG shots this week. I lost 23 pounds in 24 days..... not bad, eh? I have to stay the same exact weight for 6 weeks, then I can lose some more. I think we are going to do another round of HCG in January. The date we can technically do it again falls during the holiday and I don't want to miss out of my grandma's holiday cooking 2 years in a row! I want to go back to Toronto in January to visit the farm and that sweet boy.... so I may make that my "reward" for finishing another round, or go early in the month and do another round when I get back. We'll see how it all unfolds!

Well, I think thats all for now. Everything is SO good. My work just changed the policy so I can start taking classes in 3 months instead of a year. So I've got 3 months to figure out what to do with the rest of my life! I need to find out if I can take classes at the ground campus (Art Institute)..... it would only be another bachelors degree, but if its in a specialized field thats all I should need. Or psychology.... can you see me being a child psychologist? Or a professor at some cool university? Or working in health care? I have so many options. Wish I saw a clear path... but it will be fun to find out where I am pulled!

No comments: