Sunday, September 19, 2010

ouch.

I drank for the first time in a couple months last night. Holy smokes I remember why I stopped drinking. It wasn't the 4 cocktails at the bar that did me in.... it was the bottle of wine in the pool at 4am. What was I thinking?!

Other than the hangover I'm nursing today, I feel amazing. I hung out with a friend last night who let me talk his ear off for hours. We've known each other socially for years, but we've never hung out alone. I got to vent about heartbreak, I got to tell fun travel stories, we got to trade most exciting/scary moments. It was so nice to just talk to someone and everything is new and fun, but not the awkwardness of just meeting someone. He totally gets my dreams and goals. When someone you admire gets what you're trying to do with your wife and thinks its awesome... thats a good feeling. Like I'm on the right track. I didn't need him to validate what my goals are, but its still nice to know people think they're awesome. It feels good for someone who is "cool" to think I'm interesting and artsy and worldly. He also took me on my first trolley ride, it may have been the highlight of my night.

I also took a huge step forward in another aspect of my life, unrelated to work and future plans. I don't want to get into any details, but I took a leap I had been needing to take and feel much better about moving forward with love. I feel like a million bucks.... all that angst leading up to an event, all for nothing!

Well, I suppose thats all thats going on in my world today. I didn't get home til 8am, so I don't plan on leaving my bed today. True Blood marathon... wooo wooo!

And in honor of Talk Like A Pirate Day.... here is my cousins kiddo talkin' like a pirate! It's SOOOO cute! Thanks for posting it, Daddygeekboy!

1 comment:

DGB said...

Good luck on all of the future plannings and stuff.

And thanks for the shout out!