Thursday, July 9, 2009

In the Navy....

This is my new favorite song.


I'm not even kidding. Becca and I started our dance party off with this gem!

I don't really have anything fun to talk about today. I chatted with my love twin, Gina Kelly for a while this morning. She is so wonderful, for advice, a shoulder, and a friend. I should go visit her. She told me to never feel guilty for doing something I'm ok with. I told her about my friends pressuring me to never speak to certain people.... and how I feel really guilty about speaking to these people. Gina says I'll get over things in my own way, and as long as I know what I'm doing there is no harm done. Thats a way better way to handle things than "you're a bad person if you talk to so-and-so." Right?

Gina and I are alike in SOOO many ways when it comes to dating and love, but I found a major difference today. She just broke up with her crazy boyfriend, and he left the country. She says the distance gives her the clarity to see things as they really are. I'm the exact opposite, I get sick of people when they are around all the time, but the second they are gone I can only remember the best times I had with them. When I look back at all my relationships I remember the good times. I love laughing at the little inside jokes we had, the trips we took, the holidays we shared, the friends we loved. Of course I keep in mind things weren't perfect, or we'd still be together..... I just think it's happier to remember the good. I'm a romantic, what can I say?

So my momma is talking about me heading out to Texas. I really didn't like Texas last time I was there. I mean, it's ok..... but it's not home. I don't think I'll agree to it, but, it's an option for my next step in life I guess. Meh.


Oh yeah, I've been having SUPER crazy dreams again. Dreams that could be made into award winning horror movies. Blood, guts, gore, death, suspense... I've got it all. My non-horrifying dream last night was bizarre. My best childhood friend Cheryl was in phoenix visiting me. We were at some sort of park, that was attached to these small studio apartment-type homes where bands are practicing and we are all just hanging out in random rooms Later we were discussing the fact we needed to get up to Flagstaff to see the one spot we knew had snow all year. I'm not sure if we were in Flagstaff or Phoenix but we were by a small river that was flooding due to some big recent storms..... and all of the sudden we saw a baby floating down the rapids, crying (the baby is black, I don't know if that means anything). We both jump in to save the baby and are swept down river. We take turns holding the baby above the water, and I come to the conclusion it is sick. I'm not sure how I knew, but I just did? We eventually end up at her mothers house (in Texas) and bring the baby inside with us. I go to wash my hands for fear of contracting whatever disease this baby has, and Cheryl's mom starts sanitizing everything, while Cheryl is convinced the baby is fine. We get the baby cleaned up and Cheryl's mom cut all it's hair off for some reason? Flash to the next day and we are at a pool party with the baby, like we adopted it as our own? It's totally bizarre, yeah? hahaha. I'm so weird.

No comments: